Research Dossier

For my primary research  I used survey monkey to create a survey that would give me a range of information from the public that would help make my documentary and picking the right target audience. 

Here is my survey. 
Create your own user feedback survey


the survey offers a range of questions for a variety of demographic and psycho-graphic profiles, this gave myself a wider idea, and a clearer answer to who my target audience would be. 



During my pre-production, I got in contact with the stone wall company who are 'here to let all lesbian, gay, bi and trans people, here and abroad, know they're not alone. We believe we're stronger united, so we partner' - Stone Wall company. The company help and support people from the LGBT community, I began to research into the company as my documentary was based on LGBT and the struggles of coming out. I sent an email to the company, to ask if they could kindly send some free posters that I could include in my documentary. 
















  They quickly replied and set out eight free posters for the research I was planning to do and the posters were under the title of 'some people are'. 


Not only did I do a survey and email a company for my primary research, I also wrote my own questions and answers for my documentary, and included another student, Callum Howard who was my interviewer and briefly answered a few questions. I had to discuss with Callum the times of shooting and also which location would be best to shoot in.



For my secondary research I looked more into the Stone Wall company, during my research I found a really well written article of coming out as a young person and the struggles you could face, and the positives about coming out as a young person. This article gave me some clues and facts that I could portray in my documentary. Here is the link to the article http://www.stonewall.org.uk/help-advice/coming-out/coming-out-young-person The company also offer programmes for all ages to help build the community. 


During my secondary research, I really wanted to find LGBT stats, in schools were children or young adults have been bullied. This website in particular https://nobullying.com/lgbt-bullying-statistics/ gave me some really good facts and figures that I could quote in my documentary.



















I then looked at other documentaries based on coming out for young adults here are some that I found. 




Each documentary gave me and idea on how to base mine and the different stories that I could tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment